How to begin your child's journey...
The admissions process has been designed to ensure students are appropriately placed at GEMS FirstPoint School, The Villa, while maintaining the integrity and consistency of the school programme and policies. A student’s application will pass through different stages and is facilitated by effective communication between parents and the school’s admission team.
Additionally, students entering Foundation Stage must be fully toilet-trained.
To apply for admission, you must submit an Enquiry.
Step 1: Click here to be taken to the Enquiry page.
Step 2: The first part of the application will require:
- Parent/Guardian’s name
- Relationship to the applicant
- Valid email address (your Enquiry reference number will be sent here)
- Contact number
- Applicant’s name
- Applicant’s date of birth
- Year level being applied for
Step 3: Submit the above information.
An Enquiry has been created at this point but it is not yet complete. You may complete it immediately or continue it when you choose.
Step 5: Check the inbox of the email address provided to find your Enquiry reference number. Do not lose this number.
Step 6: Return to the Enquiry page and complete your admission application.
You may include siblings in this application.
Step 7: Once you have completed the entire Enquiry, you will receive another email informing you of the documents you must take to the School Reception to complete the admission application.
Generally, these documents are photocopies of the following:
- Applicant’s and Sponsor's passport (2 copies)
- Applicant’s and Sponsor's Emirates ID Cards (front and back)
- Parents’ passports
- Applicant’s and Sponsor's UAE Residence Visa (2 copies)
- Applicant’s Birth Certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Vaccination record/s
- 4 recent passport sized photographs of the applicant
- Report cards from the previous 2 years
- Reports relating to a student’s additional support requirements, where applicable
- Transfer Certificate (for admission to Year 2 upwards)
Step 8: Take these documents, making a note of your Enquiry number to the Admissions Department at the school and make the registration fee (Dhs 1,000) payment.
Step 9: The Admissions Team will call you for an interview and/or assessment.
Step 10: If a place has been offered, you will receive an offer letter by email from the Registrar within 24 hours.
Step 11: To confirm and secure your child’s place, the admission fee must be paid (Dhs 2,500) within 7 days.
The original school transfer certificate must contain the following information:
- Date of enrolment at the applicant’s previous school
- Year group placement at previous school
- Date the child left the previous school
- School stamp and signature
NB: Children coming from countries other than USA, Australia, Canada, Western Europe, New Zealand and Japan should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Education Authority of the origin (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from country of TC origin)
Children coming from GCC (Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman) must have their original certificates attested only by the Education Authority of the origin (from country of TC origin). Children transferring within UAE emirates must have their original certificates attested only by the Education Authority of the origin and students transferring within Dubai are not required to provide the TC as the transfer will complete internally through the online system.
GEMS FirstPoint School - The Villa admits pupils in line with local regulations and the GEMS admission policy. When considering placing a child, we consider the information provided by the child, parents, evidence from the previous school (school reports), assessments, and any other information that has been provided.
Please note that a submitted application and complete entry assessment test does not guarantee your child a place.
Thank you for your interest in GEMS FirstPoint School - The Villa.
If you would like more information regarding admissions to GEMS FirstPoint School - The Villa, please call 04 278 9700.