The aim at FirstPoint School is for students to enjoy their learning & to maximise their potential to achieve their personal best.
At FPS Independent Learning creates exceptional independent learners. Through consistency and a clear approach, each learner maximises their potential throughout a range of subject areas. Expectations for Independent Learning are at the highest standard with a constant and positive encouragement from both teachers and parents.
At GEMS FirstPoint School:
- Independent Learning positively encourages students to enhance their learning skills outside of the classroom.
- Independent Learning tasks are appropriate to ensure they are accessible but also create challenge that is linked to the subject.
- Independent Learning will follow a consistent structure across the year groups and the process will be fully adhered to by staff.
- Independent Learning is compulsory for students to complete.
- Independent Learning will be marked and feedback given on all completed tasks within one week.
- The minimum due date for Independent Learning tasks is 48hours with the exception of the daily reading expectation from FS to Year 6.
- Independent Learning promotes key skills such as time management, organisation, prioritisation and taking responsibility for their work.
- Teachers will continuously promote how Independent Learning is essential for students to maximise their potential.
- Students will understand that Independent Learning is essential for them to maximise their potential.
- Parents will enthuse their child and discuss their Independent Learning tasks to ensure a high standard of completion.
Independent Learning Time Tables
Time Table for FS1, FS2, Year 1 and Year 2
Time Table for Year 3, 4, 5 and 6
Time Table for Year 7
Time Table for Year 8
Time Table for Year 9
Time Table for Year 10 and 11