A wealth of academic and workplace opportunities for Year 12 and Year 13 students
At FirstPoint, we offer an enriched selection of personalised pathways, all leading to University or employment entrance. We offer our students a wide range of subjects in A-level, BTEC or ASDAN qualifications. All subjects are delivered by combining the best of academic and digitally-enhanced learning, leading directly to university or high-end employment. We also offer internships for students in Year 12, to a selection of industries and employers in the UAE.
We offer an exceptional Sixth Form for Dubai’s young adults. You are joining a community here where excellence for all is promoted, where we facilitate and provide opportunities, subject options and experiences that that will stretch and challenge you at all levels. As a dedicated Sixth Form team, our aim is to provide the support that prepares you as students for your next step in education or employment, and to encourage you to be valued contributors to the communities you will go on to live and work in.
Your experience in Sixth Form will be brought alive through:
- Regular lectures and events with celebrated and notable leaders of academia, the Arts, Industry and Education.
- Teaching of the highest quality by subject specialists who will encourage you to think, question and debate in a way that genuinely stretches your mind.
- A curriculum programme examined by gold standard international A levels, BTECs and Cambridge qualifications that prepare you for entry to the best university courses worldwide.
- Subject master classes with small group tutorials - industry specific qualifications will also be available for students.
- A bespoke Post 16 tutor time provision with a strong focus on your wellbeing and resilience at its core.
- Opportunities to explore outside of the normal classroom realm through industry internships and additional qualifications like Sports Leaders and the Extended Project Qualification, all recognised by further education providers and employers.
There will be openings for you to be exposed to an array of international cultural influences which will help to challenge your attitudes in preparation for employment in the 21st Century.
Overall, our aim is that you, our young men and women of tomorrow, have the reference points, social skills, resilience and competences necessary for happy lives and fulfilling futures.
Forms and Booklets
Please click here to download our Sixth Form Information pack
Please find the subject videos below, that will provide further information about each subject:
Biology, Chemistry and Physics
Business and Economics (A Level and BTEC)
Design and Technology
English, English Lit and Media
French and Spanish
To find out more, please contact our Director of KS5, Jen Cruickshank