Looking for the best route into University?
Why join Post 16 and GEMS FirstPoint School?
In Year 12 and 13, our vision is to ensure that our students stand out from the crowd, not only with great grades but with the skills to thrive in the 21st century. We live in a world of accelerating change. New industries are constantly being born as old ones become obsolete. Understanding these trends, we are committed to ensuring our students have the understanding and application of knowledge to maximise their success in everything they do.
GEMS FirstPoint School Sixth Form offers a broad range of Advanced Level courses as well as a variety of BTEC qualifications. Small class sizes coupled with high-quality teaching and learning ensures that our students are provided with all the ingredients for academic success. We pride ourselves on creating partnerships between our students, staff and parents to best support this.
During Year 12 and 13, we strive to provide not only the best teaching for academic success but a commitment to quality curriculum enrichment through our SPECTRUM lessons. The mission of SPECTRUM is to enhance each student’s capacity for high achievement by empowering our students to attain the knowledge, skills, confidence and values that are characteristic of successful leaders. Each student is provided with an expanded learning experience to attain increased qualifications that enhance both their university applications and career aspirations. Lessons are personalized for each individual, allowing students to build on their individual motivations and optimize their strengths and abilities.
Our expert staff work with our Post 16 students in the following learning options:
- Academic Essentials: Focused on building independent learners and academic excellence; such as research and reading strategies, managing information, project planning and time management.
- 21st Century Skills: Enhancing the key skills needed for a rapidly changing global economy such as Communication, Collaboration, Innovation and Digital Technology.
- Global Futures Curriculum: In partnership with Singularity University, this course offers the opportunity to study exponential technologies with the view to long term ecological sustainability. It provides students with the skills and knowledge to navigate into their futures with increased confidence and innovation.
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ): Providing additional UCAS points.
- Duke of Edinburgh International Award: Recognised by Universities worldwide.
- Sports Leaders Award: level 3 certificate in leadership and sports management.
- Internships: Developing career aspirations through work placements.
- Community projects: Designed to develop Team Leadership and Project Management.
- Enterprise: Offering a platform for young Entrepreneurs.
- Individualised Coaching: Bespoke preparation for University from finding appropriate matches to application and interview.
To download our FPS Post 16 Brochure, click here.